If you meet all conditions, and have followed the necessary procedures where necessary, you can start your full enrolment at the Academy.
You need to make sure the following things are in order.
In order to enrol in a bachelor or master programme at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp you need to submit the following documents:
- a copy of your ID card/passport;
- a copy of your diploma (check the Diploma conditions for the diploma's needed to enrol in the bachelor or master programme);
- if your diploma was obtained outside the European Union (EU) you also need to submit:
- a legalised copy of your diploma (apostille) and
- a declaration from the embassy or consulate of your country stating that your diploma grants access to a bachelor programme in the country in which it was obtained (unless the diploma itself contains such declaration);
- if your diploma is written in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch you also need to submit a legalized Dutch translation of your diploma, issued by a sworn translator. Transcripts must include a complete description of the institutional grading system or other standards of evaluation with maximum grades and minimum marks indicated.
- for Chinese candidate students with a Chinese diploma: an APS certificate;
- for candidate students from outside the EU: a copy of your D visa (long-term visa);
- if you enrol in an English-taught programme: a proof of having sufficient knowledge of the English language. You can prove your language skills by submitting one of the following documents:
- a certificate of graduation ASO (Flemish candidate-students) or VWO (Dutch candidate-students);
- a certificate of at least one successfully completed year in English-language secondary education;
- a pass certificate in a or in one or more courses in English language higher education, with a total study load of at least 60 credits;
- a language certificate (CEFR level B2).
- if you enrol in an Dutch-taught programme: a proof of having sufficient knowledge of the Dutch language. You can prove your language proficiency by submitting one of the following documents:
- a certificate of at least one successfully completed year in Dutch-language secondary education;
- a pass certificate in a programme or in one or more courses in Dutch-language higher education, with a total study load of at least 60 credits;
- a pass certificate (CEFR level B2) for:
- the Interuniversity Dutch Language Test for Foreign Language Speakers (‘Interuniversitaire Taaltest Nederlands voor Anderstaligen – ITNA’);
- the Dutch state examination NT2 II;
- a Dutch language test from a centre for adult education or a recognised language centre.
Uploading the documents
You can upload all relevant documents during your registation for the entrance exam. Please do this as soon as possible so we can process your registration and let you know if you meet all the conditions for enrolment.
You send an e-mail confirming your enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If necessary, you can also request an acceptance letter via the above mentioned e-mail address.
Upload the following documents to your account in your webregistration (blue button 'documents')
- Copy ID
- Copy of diploma
- Copy language certificate (submission possible until 31/10)
- Copy D visa (NOT EU)
- Copy APS certificate (China)
More info on the tab above > Documents
You can now complete your study programme by registering again at http://inschrijven.ap.be and selecting the 'Compile study programme' button.
Would you like to apply for a personal trajectory or exemptions ?
More information about this at Tab > ADDITIONAL INFORMATION > Individual study route & exemptions
You need to permanently save your programme.
You will then also be able to digitally sign your programme.
(exception pre Masters > they receive a personal email with account and login and then complete their programme via iBaMaFlex)
Once you have completed these steps, you will also be able to request a provisional registration certificate.
Mail to: email@example.com
After you have digitally signed your study programme, you will automatically receive your AP account login details.
This will give you access to our digital platforms such as; Intranet, Digitap and Ibamaflex.
> timetable, useful information regarding your department, e-postbox, online classes, study programme, etc...
We will handle your enrolment further administratively and request any missing documents.
As soon as all documents have been verified, you will receive your study contract and public transport certificate in your e-postbox on iBaMaFlex.
You will also have to sign this digitally.
The head office of AP will draw up an invoice and send it to you by post or e-mail. Once this amount has been paid in full, you are definitively enrolled.
2. POSTPONED ENROLLMENT
A year ago, you passed your artistic entrance exam BA in the Visual Arts and informed us that you would like to start your studies this year. Super!
The score of your admission test from 2019 is still valid this year, so you don't have to take it again. This year we are working with digital enrolments, that is why you first need to submit a web registration via the link below:
https://inschrijven.ap.be > New registration.
At Step 1 you need to select the following option:
Pretest: None because you have already passed the admission test at Campus KA on 21.09.2020 in 2019-2020
Once you have submitted a new webregistration and we have sent you a confirmation email. Just like a new enrolment, you will have to follow the steps above with the exception of step 1.
Students who re-enroll can complete and sign their study contract in iBaMaFlex.
The payment of the study fee is one of the enrolment conditions. When enrolling or re-enrolling, you sign a study contract. The study fee is due as soon as you sign your study contract.
How much you pay each academic year for your study fees depends on a number of factors, including:
- Your fee status: Belgium/European Economic Area (EEA)
EEA = EU + Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein
- Your programme
- Additional costs
To find a breakdown of the study fees you can expect, consult the regulations for the tuition fees, study costs and various expenses for the academic year 2021-2022.
To give you an indication of the amount of the study fee, you can find below an example for a programme of 60 credits.
- A student from within the EEA enrolling for 60 credits with a diploma contract pays 1.156,9 euro:
247,9 euro fixed part of the tuition fee +
714 euro (11,9 euro variable part of the tuition fee x 60 credits) +
195 euro course related fees
Total: 1.156,9 euro.
- A student from outside the EEA enrolling for 60 credits with a diploma contract pays 7.358,3 euro:
779,3 euro fixed part of the tuition fee +
6.384euro (106,4 euro variable part of the tuition fee x 60 credits) +
195 euro course related fees
Total: 7.358,3 euro.
The following students pay extra fees:
- Fashion and Graphic Design students pay a deposit of 25 euro for the badge that grants them access to their campus.
- Fashion students pay 200 euro extra to participate at the Fashion show in June.
Paying your study fees
Study fees are paid in full at the start of the academic semester.
After signing your contract, you will receive an invoice on your school e-mail address to pay for the study fee. You can pay by card or by bank transfer. No cash payment is accepted
Our bank details:
KBC Bank nv
Account Name: AP Hogeschool
Address: Lange Nieuwstraat 101, 2000 Antwerpen
Account Number: IBAN: BE62 7350 2845 7461
BIC Code: KREDBEBB
You must use your student number + first name & last name as the reference for your bank transfer so we know who the payment is for.
You must pay the full amount of fees for the new academic year in one instalment.
A student must have sufficient means of subsistence to cover all study, living and healthcare costs, including potential repatriation costs.
Besides the tuition fee and cost for flights and visa, students need in general approximately 9.000 euro per year:
- Housing: student room (rent, electricity, water and internet): +/- 450 euro/month
- Meals: +/- 10 euro/day or +/- 300 euro/month
- Transportation and travel: bus/tram/metro: buzzy Pazz De Lijn +/- 212 euro/year; bicycle: Velo +/- 49 euro/year.
- Your fee status: Belgium/European Economic Area (EEA)
Student card and certificates
If you have signed your study contract and payed your study fees, you can pick up your student card at the student administration office. You can also request a registration certificate.