The Inclusive Arts project strives for a hospitable and inclusive academy where no form of discrimination based on gender, age, language, background, sexuality, learning difficulties, physical and mental challenge(s).... is present.
Inclusive Arts is actively working on:
- More knowledge about discrimination, diversity, inclusion, communication and feedback through workshops/artist talks/lectures.
- Stimulating dialogue about inclusion and diversity
- Extra Curriculum: additions to the existing curriculum (e.g. more attention to decolonization in theoretical courses).
- Books in the Academy Library about inclusive and diverse art education.
- A contact person in the Academy for violence, cross-border behavior, discrimination and/or psychological help (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The complete brochure with the 'Arts Inclusive' vision can be found HERE.
The Inclusion Collective
The Inclusion Collective consists of students from the Educational Master of Visual Arts. For their master project, they are conducting research into inclusion within art education and the art education sector, in collaboration with the project 'Inclusive Arts’, aimed at stimulating dialogue with students.
Some examples of their projects:
‘Inclusief gerief’, a book with interviews about personal visions on a more inclusive art education realised by students of the Educational Master of visual arts, is available in Dutch in the Academy Library.