You can gain admission to the bachelor Dance programme if you meet the required diplomas and language skills, and if you pass the artistic entrance examination.
Follow the roadmap below to start your journey.
STEP 1. Check the diploma and language requirements
To be eligible for admission, you should possess a diploma of higher secondary education or its equivalent, as officially recognized by the Flemish Government. This includes ASO, TSO or KS. diplomas, and BSO diplomas, along with the completion of a 7th specialization year.
For The Netherlands
For Dutch diplomas, qualifications like a VWO diploma, a certificate of having successfully passed the basic exam (propedeutisch examen), or an MBO with at least 4 years of study at qualification level 4 are acceptable.
Please note: HAVO or MAVO diplomas, without the 'propedeuse', do not grant access to higher education in Flanders.
For other diplomas within the European Union
Any certification that grants access to university studies in your home country is generally considered. These certifications must be recognized as equivalent according to relevant legal norms, European guidelines, or international agreements. You can find a non-exhaustive list of eligible Belgian and foreign certifications on our website at www.ap.be/toelatingsvoorwaarden.
For diplomas outside of the European Union
If you hold a diploma from a country outside the European Union and it provides access to a bachelor's program in your home country, comparable to a Flemish bachelor program, you may still be eligible for admission. In such cases, you will need to apply and provide the following documents:
- A completed application form
- A certified copy of your diploma
- A certified Dutch translation of your diploma, unless the original is in English, French, or German
- A declaration from the embassy or consulate of your country, confirming that your diploma qualifies you for a bachelor program in the country where you obtained it, unless your diploma already includes such a declaration
Please submit these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any specific inquiries regarding admission requirements or the evaluation of your diploma, feel free to reach out to the student center using the provided email address. We're here to assist you on your educational journey.
For the bachelor programme Dance there are no official language requirements.
Students are advised a B2 Dutch or English proficiency level for an effective day-to-day communication and high quality written assignments.
The Royal Conservatoire Antwerp does not organise language courses. Students are free to take courses at a language institute of their own choice.
- LINGUAPOLIS: offers Dutch and other language courses. A Linguapolis language certificate is attributed credits that can be validated by the RCA. https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/centres/linguapolis/
- ATLAS- Huis van het Nederlands: offers Dutch for foreigners. http://www.nt2antwerpen.be
- Any Centre for Adult education (“Centrum voor volwassenenonderwijs”) that offers language courses. http://data-onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/onderwijsaanbod/lijst.aspx?hs=cvo