Young Conservatory Classical is a program in which the Royal Conservatory of Antwerp, de!Kunsthumaniora Antwerpen, the Ma'GO! and Podiumacademie Lier join forces to bring talented young people together and offer them a challenging preparatory program that prepares them for further musical studies at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp.
What does the programme entail?
Being a part of Young Conservatoire (classical music) means you will be playing and practicing with other gifted young musicians on a weekly basis.
- Within the Young Conservatory (classical music) you will have the opportunity to follow intensive and inspiring chamber music lessons on a weekly basis, where you will study both classical and contemporary repertoire.
- You will also follow advanced music theory and ear training.
- You get to sit in on active masterclasses and work with specialists from the arts.
- You develop your performance skills by performing in various concerts throughout the year.
Young Conservatoire (classical music) lessons take place on Wednesday afternoons between 15.00 and 19.30h in the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp.
Does this sound like music to your ears?
Then it's time to register for the admission test for academic year 2023-2024.
Make sure we receive the following on August 20, 2023 at the latest:
- Your portfolio with CV: In this portfolio you show which repertoire you master, which concerts you have already played and which competitions you may have participated in.
- Contact details of the school you are currently taking classes.
- If possible: an audio recording or audio link.
- A letter of recommendation from your instrument teacher at your academy.
Send your portfolio by email to email@example.com, or by post at Royal Conservatoire Antwerp, Young Conservatoire (classical music), tav Stephanie Proot, Desginlei 25, 2018 Antwerp. This is also the location of the classes.
The jury (with representatives from different academies) will make a first selection based on the portfolios. As soon as they did their homework, you will receive an email with one of the following messages:
- You can enter without an audition because you have a top culture statute and/or you have shown in your portfolio that you have reached a place in the finals of an important music competition, e.g. Belfius, Cantabile, Steinway, Gretry, Breughel, VLAMO national finals, etc.
- You are invited for the audition. This audition will take place on 20 September at 15h at the Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp, Desguinlei 25, 2018 Antwerp. The exact class room of the audition and which repertoire you will perform will be communicated to you in the message you receive. You will receive your results after consultation with the jury.
- You are not eligable (yet) for admission.
Do you have any questions?
Don't hesitate to ask your questions. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.