The 'Digital Mythologies – Mythical Digitalities' is a project about exploring and designing digital tools for art-tutors and artists starting from the topic of Mythology. Mythology has been used and abused in the current cultural, social, and political discussion and its interpretations have been shallow, divisive, and often nationalistically motivated. However, mythologies reflect our shared experiences and ideas on a less complicated level and can also be used to build un- derstanding and sense of wider communality.
To achieve the goals of the project there will be a series of workshops organized by the different partners: Ireland, Belgium, Poland, Finland and Lithuania. The student workshops have an intensive phase of five days. Themes of the student workshops are related to different aspects of local mythology.
A collaboration between:
- School of Arts, Design and Architecture / Aalto University, Finland (Coordinator)
- Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp, Belgium
- Art Academy in Katowice, Poland
- IADT Institute of Art, Design + Technology, Dublin, Ireland
- VDA Academy of Arts, Vilnius, Lithuania
Coordinated by Janna Beck
with Maxlab and MAxlab researchers
With the support of Erasmus +
(image:Credits: drawing by Wouter Steel for #Framed Voor UTM de dome. Picture by Janna Beck )