Skip to main content

definitive master Photography
Bachelor en Master in de Beeldende Kunsten

If you meet all conditions, and have followed the necessary procedures where necessary, you can start your full enrolment at the Academy.

You need to make sure the following things are in order.

  • Documents

    You need to send a copy of the following documents to or bring them as soon as possible to the student office.

    • ID card/passport
    • copy of the diploma needed to subscribe for the bachelor programme or master programme. If the original is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, it must be accompanied by a legalized translation. Transcripts must include a complete description of the institutional grading system or other standards of evaluation with maximum grades and minimum marks indicated.
    • a document which grants you access to a university/university college (example) or a certificate of registration from a university (only for students with a diploma outside the EU)
    • d-visum for non EU students
    • only for Chinese students: an APS certificate
    • if applicable: career after secondary school (copies of diplomas obtained, attestations of employment and/or declaration of honour from the student with description of his career path)

    Students from outside the European Union need to apply for a certificate from their Embassy that states that the said secondary/high school diploma grants access to a University in the country where it was obtained.

    For more information concerning conditions of admission, please contact

  • Individual programme & transfer of credits

    An individual programme is each programme that is different from the standard programme of 60 credits and that is composed each academic year.
    A transfer of credits can be obtained by proving that you obtained a credit in a previous study that corresponds with the content of the specific course in your new study field. 

    You should officially request for a transfer of credits as soon as possible and the latest by 15 October 2019. Therefore you must complete the appropriate form below and hand in the signed document at the student administration office. For the transfer of credits you need to deliver a proof of your study results, information from the study guide and information regarding the course.

    Please note: before asking for transfer of credits, you should first enroll online (for students that did not yet study at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp) or re-enroll via iBamaflex (for students that already studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp last year).

    If necessary you can make an appointment with:

    • Dani Magnus ( for Fashion, Costume Design, Jewellery Design and Gold- & Silversmithing
    • Sofie Hiels ( for Graphic Design
    • Dieter De Wilde ( for Photography and Fine Arts (Sculpture, Painting, In Situ3, Printmaking


  • Tuition fees

    The latest tuition fees can be found here as soon as they are known. You'll find a complete summary at the bottom of this document (Dutch).

    Once your programme has been confirmed, please transfer the required amount as soon as possible to the bank account below.

    Name: AP Hogeschool
    Adress: Lange Nieuwstraat 101, 2000 Antwerpen
    IBAN: BE62 7350 2845 7461
    Mention: Name and first name of the student + chosen study field 

    Tuition fees 2019-2020
    For students from the European Higher Education Area (Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus,
    Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy,
    Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands,
    Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Spain, Czech
    Republic, United Kingdom, Sweden) for a diploma or credit contract:

    €238,3 fixed + €11,4 per credit

    For students from other countries:

    €748 fixed + €102,2 per credit

    Course related fees 2019-2020
    All bachelor and master students Visual Arts, who enrolled with a diploma- and/or credit contract, pay a course related fee according to the following principle:
    26 credits or less: €35
    27 credits or more: €180

    Fashion and Graphic Design students pay a deposit of €25 for the badge that grants them access to their campus.
    Fashion students pay €200 for participation in the fashion show in June.

  • Study contract

    Once your programme has been approved, you will have to sign the study contract that will be available in your iBaMaFlex. You have to confirm the contract there, and new students should come to the administration office to sign it manually as well.

  • Residence card

    Required for ALL foreign students

    To follow a course at the Academy as a foreign student and to stay in Belgium, you must register at the student desk. 

    You can find more information about registering at the student desk at
    Send each requested document in a different PDF to Faby Vangrimberge (

    Required for non-EU students only

    Before the entrance exam: Short term visa
    You apply for the bachelor artistic entrance examination or you apply for the master application procedure. You will receive a confirmation form via e-mail. You take this confirmation form to the Belgian Embassy in your country to apply for your short term visa (tourist visa).

    After the entrance exam: Long term visa
    The student administration can deliver on demand an official letter which confirms that you have passed the artistic entrance examination. You can take this official letter, to the Belgian Embassy in your country to apply for your long term student Visa. If this document is not sufficient for the embassy in your country, you can receive an official document of full enrolment only after payment of your tuition fee.

  • Financial support

    For general information about international scholarships, please check

    In order to receive a scholarship from the Flemish Community, you must fulfill multiple conditions. If you are temporarily staying in Belgium because of your studies, national conditions will be an obstacle and you might not be eligible to request this scholarship. If you do not meet the requirements, you will have to fund your studies yourself and (if possible) apply for financial assistance and/or study aid in your home country. For more information about the scholarship of the Flemish Community, please check

    Students from outside the European Economic Area can’t appeal on a scholarship or financial assistance form the AP University college. It is not possible to pay the tuition fee by instalments.

    A student must have sufficient means of subsistence to cover his healthcare, his living costs, his study and repatriation costs. The minimum amount is fixed and indexed every year by the government. It is currently 666 euro net/month (academic year 2019/2020). This amount is very limited. Besides the tuition fee and cost for flights and visa, students need in general approximately 9.000 euro/year:

    • Student room (rent, electricity, water and internet): +/- 450 euro/month
    • Meals: +/- 10 euro/day or +/- 300 euro/month
    • Mobility: bus/tram/metro : buzzy Pazz De Lijn +/- 212 euro/year; bicycle: Velo +/- 49 euro/year.

Additional information

  • Learning account

    The learning account is applicable to each student who enrols in a University College or University in Flanders. With this tool the Government aims to encourage you to make the right study choice and monitor your study progress.

    Every student starting higher education in Flanders receives a learning account of 140 study credits. Study credits are deducted from your learning account for each course you enrol for. If you pass your exam you earn back your credits. If you fail for your exam, the study credits are irrevocably deducted from your learning account. If you don't have any credits left in your learning account you can no longer continue your studies.

    You can check the balance of your learning account on (website in Dutch only).

    If you enrol for a course of 6 study credits, then those 6 study credits will be deducted form your learning account. If you pass your exam with at least 10/20 then those 6 credits will be added again to your learning acount. If you fail, the 6 credits will be irrevocably deducted.

    The first 60 credits you obtain under diploma contract in higher education in Flanders are doubled. Those 60 credits don't need to be earned in one academic year, one study programme or one institution.

    For whom?
    The learning account applies to any student who enrols with a diploma contract or credit contract for a bachelor or master programme. It does not apply to students who enrol for a teaching qualification programme, for a bridging or preparatory programme or for a postgraduate programme. Also enrolments with an exam contract are not taken into account.

    The learning account aims to encourage you as a student to make the right study choice and to encourage you to change your study programme in time.

    Made the wrong choice?
    Is your study not running so smoothly as you expected or do your realise that you made the wrong choice? Then you should make an appointment with your student counselor. You can withdraw or choose a new programme. This way you do not unnecessarily lose credits from your learning account. The quicker you decide, the more chance you have to gain back your credits.

    Already obtained a master's degree?
    ­The balance of your learning account is reduced by 140 credits when you obtain a diploma for a master programme. If this results in a positive balance, you can use the remaining credits to enrol in an initial bachelor or master programme. If the balance of your learning account is less than 60 credits, you can build it up again to a maximum of 60. Ten credits are added to your learning account every academic year after you obtained your master diploma.

    More information about the learning account can be found in the Education and Examination Regulations under article 8.1 and on (Dutch website only).