The postgraduate programmes Music are only accessible if you meet the diploma and language requirements and when you pass the artistic entrance exam. Follow the steps as described underneath.
STEP 1. Check the diploma and language requirements
You hold a bachelor's diploma in Music or master’s diploma in Music or equivalent. For the postgraduate study in Music – conducting children and youth choirs, any bachelor’s diploma suffice.
For the bachelor, master and postgraduate programmes Music there are no official language requirements.
Students are advised a B2 Dutch or English proficiency level for an effective day-to-day communication and high quality written assignments.
The Royal Conservatoire Antwerp does not organise language courses. Students are free to take courses at a language institute of their own choice.
- LINGUAPOLIS: offers Dutch and other language courses. A Linguapolis language certificate is attributed credits that can be validated by the RCA. https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/centres/linguapolis/
- ATLAS- Huis van het Nederlands: offers Dutch for foreigners. http://www.nt2antwerpen.be
- Any Centre for Adult education (“Centrum voor volwassenenonderwijs”) that offers language courses. http://data-onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/onderwijsaanbod/lijst.aspx?hs=cvo
For the master of arts & education in Music and performing arts a Dutch language proficiency level B2 is mandatory.
STEP 2. Register for the artistic entrance examination
The dates and information about the artistic entrance exams postgraduates in Music can be found underneath the different sections
- Woodwinds instruments: flute and piccolo, clarinet, bass clarinet, oboe, English Horn, bassoon, contrabassoon
- Brass instruments: trumpet, trombone, saxophone, saxhorn, tuba
- Percussion: timpani, snare drum, xylophone, marimba, vibraphone, drums and multi-percussion set-up
- String instruments: violin, viola, cello, double bass
- Keyboard instruments: harpsichord, pianoforte, piano, organ, accordion
- Plucked instruments: guitar, harp
- Vocal studies
- Jazz: bass guitar, double bass, drums, flute, guitar, clarinet, piano, saxophone, trumpet, violin, voice (other instruments possible on request).