The bachelor programme Music is only accessible if you meet the diploma and language requirements and when you pass the artistic entrance exam. Follow the steps as described underneath
STEP 1. Check the diploma and language requirements
You have a diploma of higher secondary education or equivalent awarded by the Flemish Government (= for Belgium: A.S.O., K.S.O., TSO, B.S.O. + 7th specialization year) or a degree or certificate that is being acknowledged as equal by law, European guidelines or any other international agreement.
For Dutch diplomas: a VWO diploma or a Certificate of having successfully passed the basic exam (= "propedeutisch examen"). A HAVO, MAVO or MBO diploma without 'propedeuse certficate' don't provide access to this academic bachelor programme!
For other foreign diplomas: every diploma that gives access tot university studies in your country of origin.
There are no official language requirements for this programme.
Students are advised a B2 Dutch or English proficiency level for an effective day-to-day communication and high quality written assignments.
The Royal Conservatoire Antwerp does not organise language courses. Students are free to take courses at a language institute of their own choice.
- LINGUAPOLIS: offers Dutch and other language courses. A Linguapolis language certificate is attributed credits that can be validated by the RCA. https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/centres/linguapolis/
- ATLAS- Huis van het Nederlands: offers Dutch for foreigners. http://www.nt2antwerpen.be
- Any Centre for Adult education (“Centrum voor volwassenenonderwijs”) that offers language courses. http://data-onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/onderwijsaanbod/lijst.aspx?hs=cvo
Artistic entrance exam
The dates and information about the artistic entrance exams bachelor in Music can be found underneath the different sections. Please make sure you don't miss any early deadlines regarding the other documents you need to enroll like a visum!
- Woodwinds instruments: flute and piccolo, clarinet, bassclarinet, oboe, English Horn, bassoon, contrabassoon, saxophone
- Brass instruments: trumpet, trombone, saxhorn, tuba
- Percussion: timpani, snare drum, xylophone, marimba, vibraphone, drums, and multi-percussion set-up
- String instruments: violin, viola, cello, double bass
- Keyboard instruments: harpsichord, pianoforte, piano, organ, accordion
- Plucked instruments: guitar, harp
- Vocal studies
- Jazz: bassguitar, double bass, drums, flute, guitar, clarinet, piano, saxophone, trumpet, violin, voice (other instruments possible on request).
STEP 2. Register for the artistic entrance examination