Smart ways to DE SINGEL / Royal Conservatoire Antwerp
1. Public transportation & Velo (city bike system)
The Conservatoire is easily accessible by public transport (stop DE SINGEL):
- There are coaches and trains available from Brussels Airport. They will take you to the Central Station in Antwerp. Check for the most convenient options via Smart ways to Antwerp.
- From the Antwerp-Central station you can take various buses and trams. You will find an overview on the De Lijn website.
- Do you prefer to walk from Antwerp-Central to the campus? Then it will take you about 15 minutes.
- With the 'Velo' bike rental system, you can easily make short trips in the city. The system now has over a hundred bike stations inside and outside the city centre where you can pick up or drop off a bike. After registration, you can request a day, week or year pass. The nearest stations are in front of the building, at Wezenberg and Hof van Leysen. You can apply for your card at www.velo-antwerpen.be
2. By car
NOTE: Traffic may be heavy, especially on Friday evenings, and this can cause significant delays.
There is paid parking in front of the Royal Conservatoire building. Some parking places for disabled people are provided near the main entrance of the Royal Conservatoire. Free parking is available in the neighbourhood on the large parking lot along the Desguinlei. You can also park in the Jan Van Rijswijcklaan, but remember that you need to present a parking card there.
Low emission zone
The city of Antwerp has a low emission zone. Cars that do not meet the environmental standards cannot enter the city. Check here whether your car is allowed in the city. Campus DE SINGEL falls just outside the low emission zone and is therefore accessible to all traffic. Make sure that you choose the right entrance roads if you need to avoid the low emission zone:
- If you come to Antwerp from the north via the ring road, it is best to take the A12/Boom exit first and then the Wilrijk exit at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. From there, follow the signs to DE SINGEL.
- If you come from the direction of Brussels via the E19, then you can easily drive to DE SINGEL on the left via Binnensingel. The stretch of Binnensingel between the E19 and Jan Van Rijswijcklaan is outside the low-emission zone.
Leaving DE SINGEL / Royal Conservatoire Antwerp & the city
From Antwerp to Brussels Airport
There are buses and trains available. Check for the most convenient options via Smart ways to Antwerp.
General travel information