1. General description
The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships to outstanding students for Master programmes in Flanders and Brussels. The programme aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top study destination. Applications will be accepted from all Flemish universities, Schools of Arts and the Antwerp Maritime
More information can be found in >> this pdf.
2. Target audience
- excellent Master's students with a high standard of performance and/or potential
- an excellent knowledge of English
- All nationalities, with a preference for students from the following countries: Japan, Mexico, Palestine and the USA ('priority countries' for the Flemish Government)
- Previous degree must have been obtained at a higher educational institution OUTSIDE FLANDERS
- Students who are already registered at a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply for a Master Mind grant, with the exception of students who at the moment of their application are enrolled in a specific preparatory programme for a Master's programme that starts in September 2023.
1st of March 2023: deadline first registration student for pre-selection to the Royal Academy
15th of March 2023: deadline submission student of necessary documents for pre-selection to the Royal Academy
As a potential student of the Royal Academy, you have to follow the regular application procedure.
After evaluation, the International office will contact you.
If your evaluation is positive, you will receive further information on the progress of your application.
4. How to apply?
Students cannot apply directly to the Flemish Government. The applicant submits his/her application to the Flemish host institution.
Please sent your request to Evie Gryson via the following email address: email@example.com.
For participation in the application process, we ask a fee of 25 euro. This amount can be paid during the online registration process and will in no case be refunded.
5. Required documents
Documents for pre-selection:
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications,
academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
- Transcript of records; if written in another language than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or Letter of exemption provided by the Host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, University of Applied sciences, School of Arts or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in another language than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- Master project proposal
You can contact Evie Gryson for more information about Portfolio and Master project requirements.
Should you have questions about the scholarship program, please contact AP International Office via firstname.lastname@example.org.